Welcome to Home Relief Bulletin Board
Monday 22 July 2019
by the Property Team
Post No. 98
Holiday Lets: What you need to know before you start
Our Summer campaign on short-term lets will focus this week on Holiday Letting. We will be dealing with what landlords/ladies need to know before embarking on holiday letting.
Areas of interest for this week’s campaign will cover the following for holiday let landlords:
• Permission to proceed to a holiday letting including legal restriction and prevention from holiday lets for landlords/ladies
• Holiday letting as a one-off (or occasional) income generation or a business venture
• Lender’s consent on a residential mortgaged property for holiday letting
• Safety regulations related to buildings and contents for letting purposes
• Tax matters for holiday letting
• Buildings, contents and public liability insurances for holiday letting
• How and where to find holiday renters
• Holiday letting process (from finding holiday renters to letting completion)
The above matters to be covered will be indicative only as landlords/ladies will be directed or signposted to relevant people or organisations dealing with them.
This week’s activity will additionally provide an opportunity for landlords/ladies to have some resources (both print and online) on holiday lettings, as well as some leads to legal advice on the matter.
Landlords/ladies can take the opportunity of this week’s activity to list their spare holiday or short-term properties (that is rooms, studios, flats and houses) to rent on Home Relief.
To list your spare holiday property, just phone or email or complete our online form on this site
If you are looking for an affordable location and home, Home Relief is the people dealing with affordable homes you could consider in your property searches and enquiries.
For more information about our property service to home buyers and tenants, please go to https://homerelief.co/tenants/
For more information about our property service to home sellers and landlords/ladies, please go to https://homerelief.co/landlord
For properties to rent and let, go to https://homerelief.co/property-search/
For weekly property news and updates, please read our weekly posts.
Thank you for reading this post.
We look forward to receiving your regular visits to Home Relief website and to doing business with you throughout 2019.
Home Relief – freelance e-property people dealing with affordable homes